A Tasty, Healthy, Colourful & Spicy Gluten-Free Meal
Total Cooking Time
Gluten Free, Pescatarian, Omnivore
*Green beans can also be substituted for sugar snap peas.
**If you don’t have broccoli in your area or it is not in season, you can substitute your favourite leafy green such as sweet potatoes leaves or kale or spinach. Quickly sauté with coconut oil and salt and insert in place of broccoli in the recipe.
- On medium high heat and hot sauté (12” Sauté (Straight sides) or 14” Fry pan (Slanted Sides) suggested) pan, add the sliced onions with a pinch of salt and 2 T coconut oil. After 5 mins of occasional stirring, reduce the heat to medium, add 1 T garlic, taste and add salt if needed and reduce the stirring frequency until wilted and fully cooked/limp. Put in bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté mushrooms with a pinch of salt and 1 T oil at medium low to medium heat. Cook till all released liquid is reabsorbed into mushroom. Put in onion bowl and set aside.
- Sauté snap peas 1 mins on medium high heat with salt, 1 T garlic, 1 T ginger and oil stirring frequently. Add carrots for 1 min. Remove. Add broccoli florets with oil and pinch of salt for 1-2 mins. Remove. They should maintain their crunch. Put in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining garlic and half of the pepper to the pan on medium low heat stirring for about 30 secs, then add the caramelised onions and the tomatoes with the Red Pepper Paste. Stir for about 1 additional minute. Then add about 2 T of the coconut milk and mix till the Red Pepper paste is fully incorporated. Add the remaining coconut milk, remaining ginger and increase to medium high heat.
- Stir, simmer for 1 minute, taste, adjust seasonings adding salt, or pepper as see fit. Simmer on high heat for about 4 mins. You should see medium bubbles.
- Then add shrimp. Cook with occasional stirring for about 2 1/2 min until opaque. Taste again and adjust seasoning. Turn off heat. Add lime juice.
- After 1 minute, add all the veggies and stir. After 3 mins. Taste again, adjust seasoning adding salt/lime/pepper as necessary.
- Enjoy with quinoa or forbidden (black) rice, garnish with cilantro leaves and nuts or seeds of choice.
From Recipes to Wellness, Your Digest is your go-to space for FREE practical information.
Designed for visitors to interact, engage & support each other through healthy cooking.
Looking for inspiration? Look no further. Examples of how our packages may work for you.